According to the NYC marathon website: “Following Wednesday’s announcement by Mayor Bloomberg, the ING New York City Marathon will proceed on Sunday, November 4. This year’s marathon is dedicated to the City of New York, the victims of the hurricane, and their families.”
Here are few things the ING NYC marathon doing:
- Canceled Friday night’s Marathon Opening Ceremony and Saturday’s NYRR Dash to the Finish Line 5K
- Revised our cancellation policy
- Extended number pick-up hours at the expo
- And established ways for everyone to support the relief effort through charitable donations
The citizens of the NYC have gone through a lot last few days. As a runner, it is encouraging to see the city is trying to forward with the marathon.
Here are my suggestions to all runners headed to the NYC marathon
- Keep your exception low. This is different kind of race this year.
- Help the city, enjoy the race, and thank all volunteers and supporting personally.
- If your friends and families are going to watch the race, ask them if they can volunteer. It looks like the race needs few new volunteers.
Have a great NYC marathon. Please bring a lot of photos. Send few to mRuns.com