I ran 18 miler in the hot weather that took around 3 hrs . When I was done, it was around 85 degrees F.
Here is what I did to get ready for my long miles during these hot weather days:
1) Drank water all day before
2) Drank water before started the run
3) wore light cloth, wore sun glasses and hat
4) Sun screen location for sure
5) Ran with a group to just to make sure that I would not fall apart during the run
6) Drank water every chance I got
I hope these simple tips will help you. It is hard to train during these hot southern summer days. But I am hoping that I will get a great pay off during my fall and winter marathons.
Keep on Running!